The mission of the Pierce College Library is to facilitate quality library services, focusing on student success, teaching and learning excellence, and implementation of newly developing technologies. Our objectives are to:
• maintain a high level of service for students, faculty, staff, and the community
• provide prompt and knowledgeable responses to requests for information
• develop instructional programs and implement technologies to help students achieve Information Literacy
• provide access to all library resources for persons with disabilities
• protect the right to privacy of library patrons and comply with the U.S. Copyright Law through policy and education
• acquire and maintain a library collection that supports the curriculum and meets the information needs and format of the Pierce community
• collaborate with other Divisions on campus in order to assess and implement services and resources which best serve students and faculty
• educate faculty about new information technologies and materials with potential application for the instructional programs
• maintain and enhance the Library environment so that it is an inviting place for students, faculty, and staff
There is no food or drink allowed in the library, aside from bottled water. Please enjoy your food or drink before coming in the library, or study while you eat downstairs in the food court.
No phone conversations in the library. Please silence your phone or keep it on vibrate.
Policies listed on the Group Study Room page